Saturday, March 28, 2009

Costa Rica Manuel Antonio Part 2

Hi Guys,

The adventure continues. I do believe this is the day the Montezuma oro Pendula began taunting me. This bird by the end of the trip became my photography adversary. Showing itself only long enough for me to scramble with a camera, only to fly away out of range or behind a branch...

We hiked up to a vista and had a gorgeous panorama of the area. The beaches below are where La Playa de Puerto Escondido (Puerto Escondido beach) is located.


This little butterfly landed right next to use, only these things are quite twitchy and very had time getting a photo.
The view from above was so great I almost forgot to look down when one person mentioned he look at that 3ft long Iguana below.


We found this guy at Puerto Escondio beach laying on a log. Surprising how close you could get, though I stayed back and used the 300mm lens. By this time, the temp had risen to Hot and humidity was way up there. The water at the beach was barely cool....and to think 3 days previous, I was in snow in Washington.




On the way out of the park we came across this beach leading back to the town of Manuel Antonio. What a gorgeous area. When I come back to Costa Rica some day, I am headed out to the West Coast for sure. Very nice coast line and relaxing atmosphere.




In Quepos, we walked over to the levy wall and watched the sun go down. This area didn't look so hot for swimming, but very nice for sunsets.




A couple of kids were in a boat riding the surf in. They all had big grins on their faces.




This ends Day 2 of the Coast to Coast adventure. Day 3 starts the trans Costa Rican adventure with Mountain Biking and lots of Hiking. Day 2 of the taunting by the bird.





1 comment:

kayowe-too said...

Excellent - as usual. Do you have a new camera? These photos look spectacular (not that all your others didn't)... I'm looking forward to MORE!