Monday, July 14, 2008

Epic Adventure-Morocco-Part 4

What!!! There is no way I can get bumped 3 times in one journey. So after 20 minutes and several calls to a supervisor, she kept asking me for my paper ticket. I can’t remember the last time I even saw a paper ticket. Eventually, she found my information through the delta code share number , but my goodness, it was tough. Luckily, she was tri-lingual and spoke English well. I get my ticket and check my bag, and wait in the international terminal in JFK airport. What an international place. I went to get some dinner and it felt awkward to speak English to person behind the counter.
I get on the plane, the pilot gets on the loudspeaker and out comes Arabic, French, then in English. Awesome, finally, I am going to Morocco. It was 10pm, I had 6 ½ hours to try and sleep on the plane before I arrive in Casablanca, switch planes, hop in a transfer vehicle, for several hour ride to meet up with the tour, where I get off the car, hop onto a mountain bike and ride 20 miles.
So I got about 4 hours of random sleep during the flight, we arrive in Casablanca, Morocco around 40 minutes late and have 10 minutes to get to the next flight. Luckily, there are 25 or so of us, so they hold the flight from Casablanca to Marrakesh. Unlike most countries, they keep the planes on the tarmac, then bus you into the terminal. I get off the bus, walk through the terminal, through security, onto the gate for the next flight. I hand the lady behind the counter the ticket they gave me in New York, only to be told, yes you guessed it sorry sir, I do not see you on this flight, do you have a paper ticket. By this time, I could only laugh, because in 5 flight segments, not one went well. I look at the lady, take out my itinerary and say....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I don't get is how you're having a good attitude still at this point? I would be frustrated, in tears, and probably telling someone off in not such nice language!

Keep the story rollin'....

kayowe said...

...more, more, more....