Sunday, June 15, 2008

Paris Take 2










Hi Guys,
Well, here is the second installment of Paris as I talked about. The giant light in the pictures is from the top of the Effiel tower at night. All pictures were freehand (my tripod broke in Morocco). The third top picture is the elevator shaft for the first elevator going up to the first stop on the effiel tower.
Once the Euro-Dollar difference comes down, I would love to return to Paris and explore the city more. Stayed in Hotel Malar. ~117 euro a night. You get a bed, bathroom, a safe place to stay, and you are right next to Eiffel tower and Palace Invalides. Easy walking distance to everywhere. Don't expect a jumbo room, but you get a comfortable bed. Skip the breakfast there as there are many cafes within 5 minutes serving all sorts of food.
-When traveling to Paris, from CDG airport, take the Rossi-bus downtown to either to Opera or adjcent places. IT is only 8.50 euro or so and gets you really close to anywhere you are staying. Take a taxi from there or take the local buses to your final destination. Otherwise, it cost me ~55 euro to get from a hotel to the airport with no traffic on the way home (I was really tired so it was worth it).

1 comment:

kayowe said...

I love these night shots. I need to get out more in the evenings so that I can practice them as well.