Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sequim Washington-Flowers











Per Kathy's (Fellow Antarctica Adventurer) request, I added some photos of flowers around my house. Unfortunaly, during the daffidol ride last weekend, all the daffidols in the valley ended up on the floats, so there were very few along the bike ride.
Dungeness Recreation area: Sometimes you just need to get out of the house. I parked next to these bluffs and read a book...after I ran 8 miles earlier. On the way there, the clouds opened up and snowed/hailed and turned the road completly white. Hmm...isn't it April at 50ft above sea level...and snow...
The other picture is my favorite greasy spoon resturant "Fat Smitty's" in Discovery, Bay WA. This place is maybe 5 feet above sea level and yes, it was snowing. I had a friend tell me he was looking forward to global warming so it would finally change to spring in Washington.
The Tulip Festival this year had snow as a feature on the main parade route. Wierd weather.
The base depth at Snoqualmie jumped up again this week. Alpental is up to 130 inches and top went up to over 200 inches. They plan to stay open on weekends until Cinco de Mayo...I think I know where I will be.




1 comment:

kayowe said...

These are lovely flowers. I can't believe this bizarre weather. We're getting a little taste of it in San Diego, but for the most part it's not to the extremes that you are having "up north". I truly enjoy following your adventures...can't wait for Africa!