Tuesday, December 25, 2007

IGUAZU Falls


Hi Guys,

Though I spent only 22 hours in IGUAZU falls, It truely is a 7th wonder of the world. To see one water fall 1/4 mile wide is pretty spectcular, but to see 270 individual waterfalls comming off of one river joining 3 countries is breathtaking.

The Argentina Side gets you up close and personal with the smaller individual waterfalls on the lower half but still gets you to devils throat for the giant waterfall.

The Brazil Side, which I would like to see next time, gives a much bigger panaromaic view of the entiriey of the waterfalls over the several kilometers they are spread out.

The Buenos Aires accent drops once you get out to Puerto Iguazu and I could speak with the cab drivers and finally understand spanish again. It is like learning CNN english then being dropped off in the middle of New Orleans or Boston.

Public transportation for Iguazu Park back into the city of Puerto Iguazu was quite an experience. The group behind me started in spanish, switched to Portuguese, then switched to french for a converstation. I got dropped off in what I later found out was the city center, but at the time, had no clue where I was. I saw all these signs for Foz de Iguazu (Brazil) and Uraguay and arrows and got nervous, not sure which country I was in anymore. A quick cab ride brought me back to the hotel where I met a South African Guy that was on he Antarctic Cruise with. What a small world to hear someone call your name as you walk into the hotel.

The weather is tropical. Mid 90's during the day and maybe getting to 80 at night. That also brought out the bizarre bugs and wacky sounds adjcent to the jungle. Eat lunch in the park an a 2ft lizard walked around the corner and tried to join me(I hope not eat me).

Princess Bride fans...yes they had Rodents of Unusual Size. They also have a problem with Guiney pigs. They look like giant rats without tails. Bizare.

Want to get back to this place in the world and spend at least 3 days 2 nights here to really see the place.

No comments: