Wednesday, December 24, 2008

White Christmas

Hi Guys,

Thought I would post about a recent Ski Trip. Where is this winter you may ask...in my front yard! After shoveling the snow off the sidewalk for several days of snow fall, it piled up to my waist. This is at 200ft above sea level. Even got some downhill skiing off Salmonberry street the other day. Long walk up.

Enjoy the photos and Merry Christmas.



Note the snow level compared to my F250. Gives some perspective
Another shot of my ski trip...right outside the front door. Made a nice track in the local park and got some laps in.


My neighbors cars. Yes there are cars under there. We has several days massive amounts of snow. Total snowfall for this storm is well over 2ft. This morning we got another 5 inches. Looks more like Snoqualmie pass than just above sea level.


A different view of my neighbors cars buried.





After my first day of shoveling. We have had an equivalent of 3 years of snow in 2 weeks.




For comparison, note the size of the wheelbarrow next to the truck.






Driving down the road, some photos of the road.








Another victim of 4 wheel "Slide" syndrome.




Christmas Eve, another dusting of snow. Starting to get nervous about the roof. We are supposed to get rain soon and that would make all that snow really heavy.




























1 comment:

kayowe said...

We've had some rain here in SD and a little "dusting" of snow in the local mountains, but NOTHING compared to what you've had. WHEW! It looks fantastic, but I'd rather keep what we have here - thanks.

What's your next adventure? Are you doing the jellyfish trip? ...can't wait for stories and pix.